Honestly, I have been with VIPKid for over a year and a half. I’m on my 4th 6-month contract. I haven’t had any major issues with the company, because I prioritize being at class, on-time. Others have encountered issues with the company. Every time I have heard of problems, my Number-One Piece of Advice is:
- Email them and use the same vocabulary you would for your students! English is their second language!
- Do NOT use academic, formal, work-place English, because it won’t work!
- Accept no blame.
Regarding issues with students, we have all had many. VIPKid usually backs us up and helps us out – the Firemen are a godsend. Common “Horror” stories include:
- nudity, bathroom runs, changing clothes before/after class
- running with ipads
- fighting with parents
The most common issues with student behavior I have are actually just regular student distraction and the occasional eye-roll.
Some of my more interesting and unique stories include:
- Student playing with a probably-toy gun
- Student skateboarding during class
- Student trying to take the class on a moving train.
But, WHAT DO YOU DO?!
There is a button – Contact Firemen! The button is in the top right of your classroom. You can’t click it until 5 minutes before class. This button includes a drop down menu with things like:
- Student can’t hear me
- Teacher can’t hear Student
- Student Behavior Issue
- Emergency Situations
If there is a safety issue, the Firemen have your back!